HP printer firmware updates
What do they do and who are they?
Printing security controls expand above HP’s hardware
HP Printer firmware update steps:
Warning– While an HP printer Firmware update is in progress, never use or turn off the printer or computer.
1. Keep in mind to turn the printer on and attached it to the computer via USB cable or your internet.
2. Through your internet browser, follow the link for your HP printer model in the table. Below it and execute the download Firmware update file.
3. Verify to see if your printer serial number is showing in the HP printer update box. If the serial number display, click update after choosing the printer serial number.
The firmware doesn’t have to upgrade if the serial number is listed but the condition is not suitable. Tap the cancel button.
- If your printer requires a network connection and the serial number is not displayed. Plug a USB cable, wait for 20 seconds and then click reload.
4. Once installation finishes, tap OK.
5. When you use a USB cable that connects your networked printer. remove the USB driver that Windows downloaded.
- Enter Devices and Printers into the Windows search box. and then choose Devices and Printers from the search result.
Choose to remove the device from the right-click options of the USB setup. the printer that belongs to your printer device.
- Restart the system after unplugging the USB cable.
6. If the Cartridge keeps failing after the option is off. The cartridge smart chip could be suffering a connection issue. If the cartridge errors persist, you must return the suspected ink cartridges to your ink refiller for chip verification. (i.e. chip version, alignment, placement).
NOTE 1: For HP Officejet Pro 8100, 8600, and 8600 Plus, OfficeJet Pro 276dw. and OfficeJet Pro 251dw printer models that use HP 950/951 cartridges. An HP printer firmware update is not accessible or required.