How To HP bios update Download?
HP Bois update download BIOS is short of Basic Input Output System. It’s a set of instructions stored on a chip on the motherboard of your computer. When a computer starts up, it looks for BIOS in the chip for advice on where to find the operating system. BIOS also permits communication between the operating system and the hardware. among so many other things.
BIOS updates may correct or improve certain functions. And aspects of your system’s performance. But, applying the incorrect update or version can render your system inoperable. As a result, while using this guide, you’ll need to be quite particular.
Firstly, you’ll need to understand the current BIOS version installed on your computer. To upgrade the BIOS on your HP computer or laptop. You should first determine which version of BIOS is currently installed.
Press down the Windows key and the R key at the same time. Type msinfo32 into the running window and Click Enter. A window titled Network Data will appear. Make sure System Report is choose in the left pane of the window. Locate BIOS Version/Date in the larger right pane. Your BIOS version will be the figure against it.
HP Bios Update Download Method 1: Applying Windows to Update
To update your Bios using Windows, attempt the steps below:
- Go to HP Software & Driver Downloads
- Insert your system’s model name, which you notice before, underneath “Enter my HP model number” and click Enter.
- Select the model that most closely likes yours from the search engine results. Your model’s supporting page has display.
- And then choose the operating system you wrote down previously under “Operating systems in English:”
- If you notice a (+) sign beside the BIOS category in the result list below, click it to expand it. If not, the original BIOS version for your model is the only BIOS version accessible.
- And, If the BIOS version offer is newer than the one you currently have, click the Download button after selecting the BIOS category. If the available BIOS versions are older or identical, you have the most recent BIOS version.
- All other applications should save and close. It’s also a good idea to turn off your antivirus software for this activity. Run the latest BIOS setup that you downloaded.
- Continue by pressing the next button. Accept the terms of the Eula agreement. When you click next, the setup will begin to extract. Copy the extraction path, which should be something along the lines of c:SWSetupSP73917. Next should select.
- When the extraction is finished, use the Windows key + E key combination. Paste the before copied route into the address bar above and press Enter to browse to it in the explorer window.
- Open the hpqflash folder.
- Now, open a file that looks something like SP73917 E and activate it. The numbers in your file name may change, but the “E” character remains the same.
- “The option “Initiate BIOS update on this system” must be chosen.” should select. After that, click OK. Wait for the installation to finish as you follow and approve the on-screen prompts. During the update procedure, do not turn off your laptop in any way. Ensure that the laptop’s battery is charge and that the AC adapter is connect at all times. Once the update procedure has begun, do not interrupt it. When prompt, reboot, and you’ll have the most recent BIOS version available.
Method 2: Using a Bootable USB Drive
A USB drive with a capacity of 1 GB or less is required to update the BIOS. Anything more than that isn’t going to work:
- To access the BIOS settings menu, keep pressing the F10 button. The BIOS settings menu can access by using the F2 or F6 keys on some computers. It’s possible you’ll have to try them all or check for your system model on the HP website. In the Main menu, you can see your BIOS version against BIOS Revision once you’ve completed the setup.
- On any other computer with an internet connection, go to HP Software & Driver Downloads.
- Write your system’s model name, which must inscribe somewhere on the body of your CPU or Laptop. below “Enter my HP model number,” and click Enter.
- Select the model that most closely likes yours from the search engine results. Your model’s support form will open.
- Choose your operating system from the “Operating systems in English:” drop-down menu.
- If you notice a (+) sign beside the BIOS category on the results page below, click it to enlarge it. If not, the original BIOS version for your model is about the only one provided.
- So, If the BIOS version offered is newer than the one you already have. Click the Download button after selecting the BIOS group. If the available BIOS versions are older or similar, you have the most recent BIOS version.
- All the other applications should save and close. It’s also a good idea to turn off your anti-virus software for this activity. Run the latest BIOS configuration that you downloaded.
- Start by pressing the next button. Accept the terms of the Eula agreement. When you press next, the configuration will begin to extract. Copy the extraction path, which should be something like c:SWSetupSP73917. Next should select.
- So when the extraction is complete, use the Windows key + E key combination. Paste the before copied file location into the address bar. Above and press Enter to navigate to it in the explorer window.
- Open the hpqflash folder.
- Then start the file in the same manner as SP73917 E. Although the numbers in your file name may change. the “E” character remains constant.
- Make sure there’s no USB connected right now.
- Press OK after selecting “Create a bootable USB disc on key.” Once it reads Insert the USB to format and press OK, attach a USB and back up all the data on it. To format the USB drive, select Yes. Choose FAT32 from the File System dropdown option in the HP USB Disk Storage. Format Toolbox and press Start. Once the process has complete, A confirmation message will appear. Close all windows after you’ve double-checked everything.
- Connect the USB cable to the target computer and turn it on. Pick Boot device options from the screen and highlight them. And select your USB drive from the list by pressing the Esc key.
- Wait for the download to finish as you follow and approve the on-screen prompts. But during the update procedure, do not shut down your laptop in any way. Ensure that the laptop’s battery is charge and that the AC adaptor is connected at all times. Once the update procedure has begun, do not interrupt it. When prompted, restart, and your device will have the most recent BIOS installed.