How to Fix Scanner Busy Problem In HP Printer
If you get the how-to-fix Scanner Busy Problem in HP Printer error when attempting to scan with your HP printer/scanner. You’ve come to the right place. Here, we will go over the various types and causes of this problem. In detail so that you have a thorough understanding of it. And can resolve it without having to visit an HP service center. This guide also includes several solutions for resolving the “Scanner Busy”. The issue is in the HP printer/scanner.
“Scanner Busy” Problem
How to Fix Scanner Busy Problem in HP Printer usually appears in two forms. The causes and solutions for both of these errors are the same. As a result, if you are experiencing any of the two errors listed below. Continue reading because the solutions provided will assist you in resolving your issue.
- Error No. 1: “Scanner Busy” Let’s wait till the earlier task does before trying again. We are now unable to scan.
- Error 2: The scanner detected an error. The scanner is occupying.
If you have any other variations of the “Scanner Busy”. For the problem with your HP printer/scanner, you can try the solutions listed below.
” Scanner Busy ” Causes
When you get the error how to fix Scanner Busy problem in HP Printer it usually signifies that another application is using your HP printer/scanner. But, if you’re certain that no other application is using your HP printer/scanner. And you’re still getting the how to fix Scanner Busy Problem in HP Printer. one of the following possibilities exists:
- Insufficient Power: The printer may be unable to give enough power to the scanner. To complete the task, resulting in scanner failure. In such circumstances, the simplest approach is to discharge your printer’s electric current.
- Mechanical Issue: This scanner error can sometimes cause by mechanical issues. With your HP product’s printer scanning mechanism. The easiest option to fix this problem is to go to an HP service center. You must yet be certain of the mechanical issue.
- Faulty WIA Service: The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service allows applications to communicate. With imaging hardware such as scanners and cameras. But, this Windows service can fail. Causing your imaging/graphics program to be unable to connect. To your imaging hardware, resulting in a “Scanner Busy” error. You can fix some of the problems that cause the “Scanner Busy” warning on your HP printer/scanner. As a result, we’ll talk about the solutions to how to fix Scanner Busy Problem in HP Printer in the next part.
How to Fix Scanner Busy Problem in HP Printer/Scanner
How to fix Scanner Busy Problem in HP Printer. The solutions listed below apply to all HP printers and scanners. Although all the solutions shown here are simple to comprehend. and put in place, you must follow the steps in the order of the list.
A)”Scanner Busy” Error, reset the HP printer/scanner.
If the “Scanner Busy” error causes a lack of power. Perform the procedures below to reset your HP device so that it can resume regular operation.
- Turn on your HP printer/scanner, then remove the inserted cartridge by opening the cover. Remove the ink cartridges. And toner cartridges from an inkjet printer and a laser printer.
- Pull the power cord from the rear of your printer. Then the power cord from the wall socket, while your printer turn on.
- If your printer attaches to a USB or Ethernet cable, disconnect them as well.
- Wait 2-3 minutes, then press and hold the HP printer/power scanner’s button for up to 30 seconds. This will deactivate your printer’s extra charge.
- Connect the plug of your power cable to the wall socket immediately. Do not plug the power plug into an extension cord, surge protector, or another similar device. Finally, connect the printer to the other end of the power cord.
- Restart your printer by pressing the power button, then wait for it to warm up and reach the idle position.
Check to see whether the “Scanner Busy” error has to resolve to reset your HP printer/scanner. If the problem remains, move on to the next step.
B)How to fix Scanner Busy Problem in HP Printer, use the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” tool.
If your HP scanner has a mechanical fault, you should use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to diagnose the issue. HP and its customers supply this software for free, and you can get it from the HP support site. This HP utility, but is only available for users of the Windows operating system.
- Go to the HP website and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, then install and run it on your computer. Click the ‘Start’ button on the Welcome screen.
- Allow the program to look for HP products that link to your computer.
- Select the HP printer/scanner you want to test from the list of goods shown. To continue, make sure your HP product turns on, then click the ‘Next’ button.
- Be patient as the HP tool attempts to connect to your HP printer.
- To fix your scanning troubles, select the ‘Fix Scanning’ option.
- Click the ‘Get Installer’ option if you wish to install. The most recent version of the software for your HP printer. Otherwise, select the ‘Skip’ button to continue the process of repairing.
- Wait as the HP utility attempts to locate. And resolve the scanning issues with your HP printer/scanner.
- All the selections have a ‘Green Tick’ in front of them. Because the device we’re using doesn’t have any scanning concerns. If this HP tool detects a problem, a ‘Red Cross’ will appear on the screen. You may view the details of the problem by clicking on the ‘Red Cross.’ Otherwise, scan a test page by clicking the ‘Test Scan’ link.
If the HP Print and Scan Doctor program does not resolve how to fix scanner busy problem in HP Printer issue. Proceed to the following step.
C)How to fix Scanner Busy Problem in HP Printer, disable the WIA service.
If your HP printer/scanner is working. The problem could be with the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service. The “Scanner Busy” problem on the HP scanner may resolve. if you disable this service on your Windows operating system
- Type ‘services’ into the search box and select ‘Services’ from the results.
- Locate and right-click the ‘Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)‘. service in the Services list, then select ‘Properties’ from the options.
- In the Properties window, click the ‘Stop’ option.
- Wait for the service ‘Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)’ to shut down.
- Select ‘Disabled’ from the drop-down box in the startup type area.
- To complete the changes, click the ‘Apply’ button, then the ‘OK’ button.
- To close the Services window, click the ‘Close’ button.
That’s it; try scanning pages with your HP printer/scanner again. And the how to fix scanner busy problem in HP Printer should resolve.