This question is very common these days about how to find a printer’s IP address, but before knowing this, you have to understand what an IP address is first. So here we share some information related to ‘printer’s IP address, how to find it, how to find it on Windows 10, and many more.
This blog is very informative and a one-stop solution for you. Where you get each and everything related to the printer’s IP address.
What is an IP address?
An IP address stands for “Internet Protocol address. This means that this address is a unique address that identifies a device on any network, whether it is local or worldwide. As a person, we need an identity like that IP address, which is the identity of any device. It allows devices to send information from one device to another device on any network. IP addresses make device communication easy and collect location information for your website.
Find the printer’s IP address from the printer’s menu:
In this blog, we share with you every step of how you can find an IP address in a printer’s menu, which is helpful for you and makes your work easy.
Steps of finding IP address from printer’s menu
- Step 1: Select the home button on the printer to activate the menu bar.
- Step 2: Select preferences and then options or wireless settings.
- Step 3: At the top of the next box that appears, almost the same IP address appears on the top border.
- Step 4: If in case you didn’t see the IP address then go to the view wireless details. You have to try different ways of finding the printer’s IP address. On some printers, you’ll get TCP/IP, network status, or Wi-Fi status.
Find Printer IP Address in Windows 10:
Your printer’s IP address is a 12-digit id address used for connecting any device or internet to your printer.
Steps for finding a printer’s IP address in Windows 10
- Step 1: You have to open the control panel. After that, you click on the hardware and sound and then click on the device and printer button.
- Step 2: Click right on the printer and select properties.
- Step 3: If only three tabs appear to you, then click on the web services tab for your IP address.
- Step 4: Same as Step 3, if only five tabs appear to you, then click on the ports tab for your IP address.
It’s important to know that your printer driver either uses the web services of a device or a TCP/IP port. Depending on that, three or five tabs appear in a mini window.
Find the printer’s IP Address on Mac:
In this heading, you will get the solution to how to find a printer’s IP address on a mac. We will try to explain this point in a very easy and comfortable language and try to illustrate this through images. Because you’ll get the correct and easy way of finding the IP address on the Mac.
Steps to Finding the printer’s IP address on the Mac:
- Step 1: There are two ways of doing the first step. One is you can open system preferences from the dock, and the other is you can click on the logo of Apple on the topmost corner side.
- Step 2: In this step, you have to click on the printers and scanners.
- Step 3: Select the printer, which appears on the left side.
- Step 4: Click on “options and supplies.”
- Step 5: There you will see your 12-digit printer’s IP address.