What does brother printer offline mean:-
A brother printer becomes offline means it is not power connected to other devices like desktops or laptops.
If your brother printer is online it means connected to other devices.
A printer needs to connect with other devices so that it can receive information from other devices to print materials.
Another sign of the brother printer is in offline mode is, it is not turned on and has errors like empty toner.
Not set as the default printer or its USB cord or it has network connection issues.
The Brother printer is not turned on
Your printer is offline means due to it is not turned on. If your printer is offline, your computer will not allow any connection. Brother Printer tells us to check the LCD screen if it is blank, then the printer does not electrify. Assure the printer plugs into an electrical wall plug.
Brother Printer Error Define
Printer error found when “Toner Empty” or “Paper jam” happens. This error stops printing. Brother printer approves checking the printer’s LCD screen for any realizable error messages.
When you see an error message, attempt to cure the error before checking the printer’s online status again.
USB cable or Network issue
Brother printer considers as offline if its connection is defective. If you fix your printer by USB cord the cable could have something wrong with its hardware. So Brother suggests USB cables that have twisted-pair wiring, and guards and are not more than 6 feet long. If we fix your printer via the network, the network could be down or firewall-protected. Here Brother suggests inspecting your network’s router or hub.
Detecting your computer’s firewall setting to confirm that it does not block the network connection and running network connection diagnostics.
How to fix brother printer
There are some steps to fix the Brother Printer. These are the fixes
- Examine the connection.
- Regulate your brother’s printer as the default device.
- Restart the print spooler service.
- Update your printer driver.
- Clear the print queue.
- Check for damaged system files.
Fix-1 Examine the connection:-
Essential to do some basic checks before heading into the more confusing fixes.
At first, make sure the connection position between the printer and computer is in the normal state. If you fix the printer to your computer via a USB cable. Direct re-plug it and also try another USB port on your computer in case the one you before used is smashing. Using a wireless Brother Printer, it’s a must to fix the printer and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Fix-2 Set your brother printer as the default device:-
Your computer likes to use the default printer whenever you print. Thus, you should fix your Brother printer as the default device to take up all the print jobs. Like below:-
- On the keyboard, click the Windows logo key and R at the
- particular time to request the Run command.
- Type control in the field and select ok.
- Choose small icons from the drop-down menu next to view.
- By, Then, click Devices and printers.
- Right-click your Brother printer and choose Set as the default printer.
Fix-3 Restart the Print Spooler service:-
Your computer will not send the print jobs to your Brother printer. If the print spooler service is not working. To become your printer back to running, you can only restart this service.
- On your keyboard, click the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Type services. MSC and click ok.
- Right-click print spooler. If it is not ongoing, Start this service; if it is already started, click Restart.
- After the print spooler service restarted,
- Right-click print spooler again and click properties.
- Set the start-up type to Automatic. Then click ok.
Fix-4 Update your printer driver:-
There are two options like or.
Download and install the driver:-
- Explore the latest driver on Brother’s support website.
- Find the one corresponding with your certain flavor of Windows version.
- (Windows 32 bit) and download it.
- Once downloaded the correct driver for your system.
- Double-click on the downloaded file. And follow the on-screen directions to install the driver.
Update the printer driver
- You can update your driver with either the free version of Driver Easy. But in the pro version only do 2 clicks:
- Download and install “driver easy”.
- Run driver easy and select the scan now button.
- Then driver easy finds on your computer and discover any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged brother printer driver. Download the correct version of that driver.
- Install it (do this with the free version). Or click update all to download and install the correct version of all the drivers.
- That is Loss or out of date on your system.
Fix-5 clear the print queue:-
The stuck print queue also ends your brother’s printer from performing. If so, clearing the queued output jobs can restart the printing process right away.
Click the start button. Then type services in the windows search box and click services.
Right-click Print spooler and click stop. Then cut the services window.
On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E, at the matching time to open the file explorer.
Copy the address below and paste it to the address bar. Then, click Enter on your keyboard.
Delete all the files in that folder.
Re-open the services window. Then click print spooler and click start. After completing the steps above, restart your PC for the changes to take effect. Then, test if your Brother printer function as intended.
Fix-6 check for spoiled system files
It can also lead to many printer problems. And obstruct your printer from working.
Download and install Reimage.
Open Reimage and select yes to run a free scan of your PC.
Reimage will scan your computer. This may take a few minutes.
Once done, you will see a precise report of all the issues on your PC. To
Stick them, click START REPAIR.
It is for the buy of the full version.
It has also a 60-day money-back warranty so that you can repay any time if reimage does not clear up the problem.